Godot 4, Android, Vulcan not supported on a device

Hi, I am part of the way through Kaan’s excellent Godot 4 for mobile devices courses. I have reached up to the point where 1 click debug on the 'phone is taught. All goes well except the mobile does not support Vulcan.

Is there an easy way around this?

Apart from looking for an immediate solution so I can complete the course, I assume that at least some other android mobiles do not support Vulcan and this would make releasing anything problematical.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated, thanks.

Hi Dare2,

This is unusual as i thought the vulkan issue related to GPU drivers on the computer not the android device itself.
The way around this if you cannot update the GPU drivers (Or its the GPU device does not support it) is to use the compatibility option when you create the project instead of the forward (I think its forward option we use).

Do you have a screenshot of the error so we can take a look and see exactly what is going on?
Also are you using a laptop device that might be an issue?

1 Like

The other day, I stumbled upon settings that appear to be renderer overrides for different export templates; it might be worth looking at those if you’re going to change the renderer as seen in the dropdown at the top-right of the Editor, though I haven’t experimented with them at all.

In Project Settings, turn on Advanced Settings, then on the General tab, navigate to Rendering–>Renderer.

1 Like

Hi.

The settings → renderer fixed it, I changed Rendering Method.mobile to gl_compatibility from mobile as shown. Thanks @BH67 and @Marc_Carlyon

My device is an an alcatel 5007, android build is 01007. Screenshot is from the device.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Interestingly changing mode at top right of screen does not fix it.

1 Like

Oh cool! I’ll have to keep this in mind then.

This would seem to confirm that these settings are indeed overrides, just as the tooltip says. Strange that the editor has default override values buried in the advanced settings when you’d expect the dropdown menu to actually apply its changes. Godot does have a few weird quirks like this however.

Anyway, glad this got things working =D

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms