Git Add Command Fail

here is what i get when i do the add command :

warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in .gitattributes.
The file will have its original line endings in your working directory.
warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in .gitignore.
The file will have its original line endings in your working directory.
git-lfs filter-process: git-lfs: command not found
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

i checked i put the commands right.
Any other way to do that without command line ?

Ok i Fixed it. the problem was that i wasn’t using the embedded Git version (with the lfs). Fixed it in the option panel.

Yes, another thing that doesn’t work is downloading a zip from Github. For some reason they don’t include the LFS assets there.

My git add command just made it so there was no longer any files to commit, is this normal or should I have had a few files to commit at the end like you did?

I get a slightly different error when typing the git add . command. Here is a screenshot

Ok, so I staged the files in SourceTree (not with git add in terminal) but I ended up with a different list of staged files than Sam. It only contains the .gitatributes and FirstPersonCharacter.uasset files, but not the .config or .ini files as seen in the lecture video. I hope this won’t cause any problems in the future. If anyone has any idea about what happened please drop a line

I think that shouldn’t be an issue.

Hello,

My project became corrupt at this stage. I tried the Source Tree Terminal commands and none of them worked. I followed through anyways and at the end my UE4 project is crashing.

Now I am trying to download tg52 Child Actor Components from GitHub, https://github.com/UnrealCourse/05_TestingGrounds/commit/27586df615ba212a2a3a74aedfb657995447ab78 , but am running into errors.

When I download the .zip file and try to open the .uproject after generating files, opening the .sln and rebuilding everything, I get a unable to compile error.

I saw Sam say when downloading .zip lfs files do not convert so I download GitHub desktop and can’t download anything.

When I click clone to desktop, it takes me to a github download link. I tried cloning the repository from the Clone with HTTPS but can’t find where to add the HTTPS on the desktop.

Please tell me how to download the project :slight_smile:

Yes the .zip won’t contain any of the files tracked by git lfs. The download is for Github’s GUI for git which is what it’s trying to launch when you click that button. The https method is to do it via command line.

Assuming you have git installed and it’s part of system path you would do
git clone https://github.com/UnrealCourse/05_TestingGrounds.git {path to clone to}
then to get to that commit you linked
git reset 27586df615ba212a2a3a74aedfb657995447ab78

I’m having the exact same problem as the original poster, but their solution doesn’t work for me. I’m already using embedded git in SourceTree.

Now, I did just upgrade to a new machine and setup everything new. I downloaded Visual Studio 2017 Community, checked the options for C++ Game Development and Windows 8 SDK, and installed SourceTree. I don’t have git installed except for what VS and ST added, and I don’t have either of them added to my path.

What should I do now? I’m getting git lfs / git-lfs command not found.

I’m also already using the embedded Git. I think someone said they just staged it normally and Sam said it shouldn’t be an issue. I’ll just roll with that and hope it doesn’t come back to bite me.

Privacy & Terms