Getting trouble to build the game

Hey there,
I’ve been following the course without trouble until I’ve got to build my game for WebGL.
I meet several errors, I give it there :

Error 1 :

Summary

FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\natha\Dropbox\Repository\Unity2D\Text101\Temp\StagingArea\Data\linkresult_wasm\build.wasm does not exist
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:107)
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:86)
UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.AssembleOutput (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:658)
UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:940)
UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Modules/DefaultBuildPostprocessor.cs:27)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:287)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Error 2 :

Summary

Build completed with a result of ‘Failed’

Error 3 :

Summary

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0021f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:187
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:94

If some of you can help me with that it would be awesome.
I’ve searched on the internet but found nothing, you are my last chance.

EDIT: Note that I’ve installed the WebGL components, I’ve got the last version of Unity (2018.2.13f1) and I’ve used only features that appear in the course
EDIT2: Looks like I managed to build my project by moving the project folder in somewhere else than my dropbox folder.

Hi Raklure, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Does the above mean you have now resolved this issue?

Yes it is resolved, hope this post can be useful if someone meet the same error.

1 Like

Great, well done for resolving it yourself.

In the directory point, its often best to have a simple location for this, perhaps C:\Dev for example, or if you have other drives available, E:\Dev and then have a project folder within that. Applictions such as Dropbox and the like may interfere with permissions that are required by other services. On a related note, Visual Studio used to have an issue with the length of a path to a project, this may no longer be the case, but keeping the directory structure short will certainly help.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms