Getting Started

Hey Guys,

So I’ve just started on this “Game Dev Skill Builder (Unity) - SEASON 1 - BETA” and I’m up to the first teleport quest. But, I’m completely lost. I’ve never even installed Unity before, I was hoping it was a “Getting Started” tutorial but there’s already loads of stuff on screen.

I’m trying to follow the “Setting Up Quest Projects Files” but I don’t know what project to start. Do I need a 2D Core, 3D Core, 2D (URP) Core, Runner Game Core, etc?

Is this even the right course for a total beginner who has never used Unity before, or is this more of an intermediate course? If so, where would the beginner stuff be?

Thanks

Dave

If you have no coding experience, I would not say this is a beginner’s course. I would say this is more so for improving/troubleshooting/understanding how to implement different strategies and concepts than a starter guide. I did a 3D core game to import mine.

Ah okay, do you know what courses are beginner’s courses? I bought the Humble Bundle pack a while ago, so I have:

• Unity Turn Based Strategy: Intermediate C# Coding
  • Unity 3rd Person Combat & Traversal
  • Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D Online Course
  • Complete C# Unity Game Developer 2D Online Course
  • Unity Mobile C# Developer Course
  • Unity Visual Scripting: Learn Programming The Easy Way
  • Programming Design Patterns For Unity
  • Intro To Data Oriented Tech Stack (DOTS) & ECS In Unity
  • Unity Multiplayer (With Mirror): Intermediate C# Coding * Networking
  • Game Dev Skill Builder (Unity) SEASON 1 - BETA
  • Game Dev Skill Builder (Unity) SEASON 2 - BETA
  • How To Get A Job In The Video Game Industry Online Course
  • Cube Village Asset Pack
  • Asset Pack - Elven Village Music Tracks
  • Humble Learn to Create Games in Unity 2022 Bundle - Tier 1
  • Humble Learn to Create Games in Unity 2022 Bundle - Tier 2
  • Humble Learn to Create Games in Unity 2022 Bundle - Tier 3

See, I was hoping it would have had “Building a game in Unity - Step 1”, “Step 2”, “Step 3”, etc. But it’s a mix of everything and I don’t know where to start. I figured “SEASON 1” would have had a step-by-step guide.

Both of these appear to have basics included…I would start with one of these depending if you plan on making a 2D or 3D app.

oooh, yeah the 3D course seems to be what I’m looking for. It’s going from the very start of installing Unity and VS Code.

Allow me to introduce Tankie! :grinning:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms