Getting Started End Of Section Challenge

Well, this definitely did not take 20mins or a hour. It took a several hours across several days :sweat_smile:

I reused a few things, but most of it was made from stratch. I like Dwarven architecture a lot, and found some concept art that inspired me, but by time I noticed I was well into adding as much as I could and in detal.

Not sure if the lighting and fog worked out at the end, particularly the later. Instead of a scaled up cube, I modelled a few random shapes, to give the impression of having clouds of mists, but even with that, the fog still showed as a cube.

Edit: as for lighting, the lanterns and fires are a mix of emission and point lights

3 Likes

It is a little dark and hard to see some detail, however, from what can be seen, you have done an awesome job. I would love to see more ^_^.

1 Like

Nice middle images of light beams, can’t make anything else out in them.

Lighting dark scenes is hard as actually you want the viewer still to see what is there.

Nice lanterns on chains. Some good looking columns in there too.

Yep it’s definitely darker than I expected, but dark was what I wanted. I was going for that Dwarven cavernous hall look.

I could increase the power of the 3 point light setup, but then it wouldn’t be as dark.

I added those emissions on the bridge to emulate lava running through it and shining light outwards, but I knew emission alone wouldnt be enough. Then I thought “would really make sense to add a bunch of point lights throughout this?”

In the end I left it as is

The light setup definitely didnt match all the detail I added (and wanted to add :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I understand the trick used in films is to light with blue lights. Still looks dark but lit.

Privacy & Terms