Getting Launched Bug

Hi everyone, I have a bug that I have been carrying around almost all the entire project, since we made the tanks move, hoping in a video would get fixed, I dont know if anyone else has gotten it and if you have fixed it.
The problem is while I am moving my tank, it starts to shake and gets launched like the little girl in the movie Wreck it Ralph (great movie by the way) I don´t know if anyone or @ben could have a tip or solution for this problem.

We never fully go to the bottom of that. I think it’s because we’re pushing a flat collider along a bumpy surface and sometimes it “pops” when the physics system finds the colliders overlapping.

The proper solution would be a full suspension system, but the section is long enough. The idea is to extract the core Unreal lessons, I’m sorry this isn’t 100% resolved.

To be honest. I found that this was a function of my tank going too fast, acceleration in a vacuum. I remedied this by creating a quadratic drag system in BP. It’s easier than it sounds, I promise. This effectively gave my tank a top speed, and so it never built up enough speed to catch any air off the bumps.

Privacy & Terms