Getting Frustrated

This course seems to be too hard for me. I can’t seem to control my objects in order to manipulate them correctly. It feels like I’m uncoordinated when it comes to Blender.

It’s counter intuitive/culture in the way it works in places. I’m still having a rough time thinking in units, +/- units, LMB select/deselect in menus but RMB to do that in the 3D window, which window or menu to be in to affect what I want…
It takes a fair amount of time to get used to it…then you start doing it in other programs which amps the frustration. :wink: Anything outside of the above you’re having issue with?

I’m working on other courses too so I don’t get a chance to just focus on this course. I end up forgetting what I learned and then I’m trying to create objects and not be able to rotate the shapes properly.

That will happen. I swotch between Blender, Tinkercad, 3D Maker, Mesh Maker, Photoshop, Cura, and poke at Fusion 360. I try to hit the class for a couple of episodes a week and I’m just starting to remember how to get around in it consistently in Section 5, Lecture 85. It takes quite awhile to get used to. :confused:

Yeah, that’s about what I am doing. I’ve only completed 4% of the course so far.

If it seems like you are having a hard time I would suggest focusing on one course and going all in on that one!

Yeah, you’re probably right. I should do that but. . . sometimes I get too anxious to dive into something new. Lol

1 Like

I’m here for you! Pick one and let’s get it started! I’ll help you out!

2 Likes

Hi Penny, it is a difficult stuff, but I am sure you can fix your problems. It is a learnig process, Make notes, even in the course videos. There is the helpful bookmark function. And repeat watching the videos. I am watching the same videos 3- 4. At first glance I make me familiar with the new stuff, then I watch again and make notes, then I watch and try to model, after a few weeks I watch the video again, and after a few months sometimes also again.

2 Likes

Probably the one I need to focus on would be “C# Unity Developer 2D: Learn to Code Making Games” since it says I’m 65% through this course. I was doing that until I got stuck on Glitch Gardens. I’m a little less than halfway through Glitch Gardens but I think I need to just start over on that one. I’ve messed up my cactus somehow. At one point, I somehow deleted it from the package in Unity and had to find it again and put it back in and now I just keeping errors. I was doing so good on that game too until I got to the animations.

I just shared a bunch of screens about it under that part of the course on here.

Privacy & Terms