Get Velocity and Vector Length

In high school, I used to get 20 or 30 marks out of 100 in physic lesson so I hope I can understand this. Velocity means time/movement which means speed as instructed said the same thing. So what is speed ? :smiley:

I will pretend velocity means speed and speed means speed as long as I don’t understand how things work but what is vector length? I couldn’t get much information about what is or how VectorLength works.
Is vectorLength being used to get the float value of any vector so we can change the way we want?

well, a vector is just an arrow with some length and direction. GetVelocity() returns velocity as a vector where the vector direction is direction of velocity and vector length is the magnitude of the velocity.

Hi I think I figured out. Without get velocity I receive my character’s movement directions of X,Y and Z

But with get vector length used

I receive this output

Now this thing doesn’t have X,Y or Z output only showing a float value. How does it knows which direction I am using? When I press W it goes up to 600 and when I press A it also goes up to 600 but when I use W and A simultaneously the value is not changing?

hey I added a few extra questions please look at down

VectorLenght is simply just calculating the length of the vector nothing more.

this is the equation used to calculate length of vector.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms