Geo Nodes - Course "final" - Tree system

Hi All,
Wrapped up the course, thanks Steven, Grant and GameDev crew for another fantastic blender course.

I really enjoyed the course, and learned a new tool, and a lot about Blender in general along the way!

At the risk of melting my PC, I added in the Grass system from earlier in the course to my final render…
I could / should spend more time on forming a nice composition in the render, but am happy just to show a basic render of the resulting assets.

I think this course scaled really nicely from basic to (what seems to me) quite a complicated system for the tree! so well done.
If there were ever another course that takes it in other directions with Steven, I would definitely do.

6 Likes

Well done completing the course.

Can the computer cope with a forest, or copse of trees?

Thanks for the kind words Craig! Simulation Nodes course is on it’s way shortly, and then I’ll be adding a lot of updates to my Material Nodes course to reflect changes in Blender 4.2

1 Like

I’d like to spend an hour or two getting together a fruit tree (apples or oranges) and do an orchard scene to really test the performance :wink:

Time is the enemy though, but I’ll maybe take a learning break one morning before work to get it started and see.

1 Like

An apple tree would be a cool challenge. You could probably figure out how to make branches with more apples droop lower, if you want to really push yourself.

Privacy & Terms