.generated.h files not regenerating after reset

I tried resetting my project and ran into a couple of problems. The first was that the binaries folder was not automatically generating after reset. So, I retrieved the binaries from the trash and everything seems to be generating now except for my .generated.h files. Any help?

What do you mean by “generating” ?

Could you try rebuilding your project? You can do this by right-clicking your solution file in Visual Studio and selecting “Rebuild”

(You can also do this from the “Build” menu at the top)

By generate I mean that after deleting the folders we are told, including binaries and intermediate, then launching unreal, and finally right clicking on buildingescape.uproject to “generate visual studio files” neither the binaries nor the intermediate folders return. In the video, the binaries and intermediate folders came back after simply opening unreal. When I tried, I got an error. But I just tried again today and everything seems to be working as it should. The files all generate correctly. I do not know what went wrong the first time, thank you for your help though.

So, I figured out that what I need to do after I delete all the generated files, is open up unreal, then compile, then generate visual studio files and it works just fine. (This is using unreal 4.19)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms