Gave up on the ears and took a different direction

I got sooo frustrated with the ears and since I was already trying to create an alien character I gave it alien ears:

I took some inspiration from Saru’s “threat ganglia” (Star Trek Discovery):

I would like to end up making the ganglia under the chin, ears, and back of head animate…

Any suggestions for details to add?

6 Likes

Rest of the head is great. Why were ears a problem?

You could model them. Easier than sculpting.

3 Likes

Mine ended up looking like cauliflower ear! :joy: But since I am creating an alien I figured I was ok with making something different.

2 Likes

What a neat take! I love it. You’d asked for suggestions; maybe a wiggly frill down the center of the head?

2 Likes

Ears, hands, and feet. I have problems with all of those as well. In one other post I mentioned that I have a pile of ears that I’ve cut off my models. I’d just select all the faces and delete, grid fill the open hole, and start again. My 20th or so iteration I got something that I would live with. One of my side projects is just modeling/sculpting these parts that I have problems with.

2 Likes

I will try. My first attempt was a failure. I want it to flop over and need to follow some videos on making folds in clothing I think.

Have you tried building it out as a plane and then adding the solidify modifier to it?

Privacy & Terms