GameDev.tv General FAQs

How long do I have to take the course?

A lifetime! Seriously though, once you’ve bought you have lifetime access so there is no rush. There will always be other students present, and instructors pop in regularly.

Furthermore you watch the videos at your own speed, and there are no scheduled events you need to attend at a particular time.

Once you’ve started the course you can take as long as you like to finish, at your pace.

Where can I find course downloads?

If you’re looking for assets mentioned in the course, these are attached as a downloadable resource. The exact lecture varies by course, please try…

1. The introduction lecture of the section you’re on
  2. A lecture called “Your <section name” Assets"
  3. The lecture you’re asked to open the assets on

How do I get the instructor’s code?

Maybe you’ve accidentally deleted your files, and need to get back on track? You can get to ALL videos end-state by…

1. Visiting https://github.com/bentristem
  2. Click on the course under "Organizations"
  3. Choose the section name.
  4. Click XX Commits at the top-left (XX will vary)
  5. Against the video you want, click the <> button on right.
  6. On final page (example) click Download Zip button.
Good luck!

Can I watch your videos offline?

Yes and no!

With the Udemy iOS or Android app you can download videos for offline viewing, and they will auto update if we make any changes.

Unfortunately viewing video lectures in HD quality (both offline and online mode) is currently not supported on mobile devices, you should be able to watch and download 480p only in the app. Udemy are currently working on this and we’ll update this article when there are any changes. 

Currently there is no facility on the Mac or PC for this, however we know people are interested. When we have an update we’ll be sure to announce it, and change this article.

Can I change my review in Udemy?

Sure, you can edit or delete your review in Udemy at any time, from the course dashboard.

1. Click the star rating in the upper right-hand corner of the course dashboard
  2. Make the desired changes
  3. Click "Update Your Review"
  4. If you would like to delete your review, click "Delete Your Review"

You’ll be prompted three times during the course to leave a review (beginning, middle, and end). This is set by Udemy and we have no control over it. We have fed back that we feel the reviews are asked for too early and too often. 

The latest review you add will be visible to the publicstudents and instructor.

How do I suggest new course content?

Are you wondering “is it possible to cover X” in our courses?

If you have a suggestion for future content in our courses, for a new course idea then please head-over to our voting section.

Do your courses have subtitles?

Some courses have English subtitles.

As a student you can contact Udemy support and ask for auto-captions to be enabled.

Can I refund a Udemy course?

Sure, however there is no way for us (as in the GameDev.TV team) to refund Udemy customers. You simply need to contact support@udemy.com to get a refund on any course within 30 days of purchase.

Having said that if you have any trouble with Udemy, then please get back in touch as we have a good relationship with them and can help.

Thanks

Privacy & Terms