Game States- Welcome Home opening scene

The starting situation:

Your eyelids feel heavy… the flecks of dew gather on your skin, cold and damp. It’s hard to tell… are you awake? Still sleeping? Are you-

A piercing shriek and clapping bang of wood on wood jolts your eyes instinctually open.
Your body is cold and aches like you’ve been standing in the mist for hours. You blink as though you’ve been awoken from a deep sleep.
Maybe you were asleep? You’re standing, awake and wearing a comfortable brown cardigan, well-worn jeans, and dirty white sneakers.
Skin and hair and clothes all flecked with dew from the mist around you. Tall dark trees line the slick stone path.
A bright pale yellow light emits at the end of the path from a second story of the wooden house in front of you… a familiar house… “… welcome… home…”

Your hair on your next starts to stand on end as a hot stale breath pours over your right earlobe.
The whisper pricks your fight or flight response. What do you do next?

The two choices:

1. Run. RUN. Run to the house.
  2. Turn around and confront the voice.
1 Like

I really love how descriptive the passage was. Really got me thinking what the character felt and what he saw. You hooked me in! Awesome job :clap:

1 Like

Thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words :slight_smile: going to keep at it.

Privacy & Terms