Game scale is completely wrong!

Lecture 91.

For some reason my game preview is incredibly zoomed out. As per the lectures when Rick presses play it runs as intended at the scale of 1. When my game view is shown, at 1, the screen is way too zoomed out. The follow camera works but obviously nowhere near the scale I want and the ortho works fine too. When I set it main camera projection to perspective, it’s at the size I want but the state driven camera doesn’t work, but the follow does work.

I’ve kept digging and it looks my main camera scene view is too big but there’s no way to change it that I can see. I think we’ve done some code to hard lock it in place? Obviously I have no coding skills so I don’t know what we’ve done or where to look to fix it. I can’t change any setting and I can’t drag the scene view at all,

PLEASE HELP!!! Here is the screenshot to give you an idea of what I’m struggling with. Gonna keep following the course with perspective mode for now and hopefully it won’t cause issues later, I’d rather not have to start from scratch again but it looks like i might have to. I’ve gone through all the videos multiple times and checked all the discussions on each lecture and nothing similar pops up, Google and Youtube don’t help, even ChatGPT has no ideas

Your orthographic camera’s size is set to 18-and-change. This usually defaults to 5. You can fix the ‘zoom’ by making this value smaller

That’s the problem I’m having, I can’t change any of the values, they’re completely locked, changing them by force doesn’t do anything either? I’ve raged out and started again blasting through the module, the code is all set up so I’ll be back to where I was in no time. I think I may have messed around with the ortho making the game world bigger and when we set up our code, it must of hardlocked the numbers somehow?

Once there is a virtual camera, you need to change it in the virtual camera instead of the normal camera.

However, I suspect you may have some sort of framing on that makes the camera try to fit everything in the view. Can you show the virtual camera settings?

That project is long gone I’m afraid, I chucked it out because, it’s quick and easy to get back to where I was, I’m not far off catching up haha. So, next time it won’t change in the main camera but the cinemachine should allow for changes? I think the problem was jumping ahead and trying to create a bigger level than I needed to at first maybe. I know it’s hard to help when the project is deleted haha. I’m retracing my steps now and when I’ve got back to where I was I’ll see if I’ve made the same mistake again

Privacy & Terms