Game Over screen shown as pink

I still see the Game Over screen as pink after I did everything the same as Bram. There might be some problems with the shader editor.

The errors I’m getting in the debugger when I run the game are:

Invalid arguments for the built-in function: “textureLod(sampler3D,vec2,float)”.

set_code: Shader compilation failed.

Invalid arguments for the built-in function: “textureLod(sampler3D,vec2,float)”.

set_code: Shader compilation failed.

version_get_shader: Parameter “version” is null.

version_get_shader: Parameter “version” is null.

Also, why do I only see Player and Weapons folders in the res.// folder? I still see them on my File Manager.

Hi,

Illl have a look at the filesystem one first.

have a look in the filesystem filter box first to see if theres anything in ther e.
if theres say ‘weapon’ in there it will show all the scenes and files with weapon in the name, this will give the results as just showing the weapon and player folders.
if that was it, you can click the small X to the right to clear that filter or delete anything thats in that box and that should show everything again.

the shader parameter version errors, normally as far as im aware, will only show if theres errors within the shader itself. so i think we should try and look at the shader compilation errors firsly.

im wondering why its using a Sampler3D as the shader itself is for a screen space texture which should be a 2D canvas type.

can you give us a screenshot of your shader node tree please.

for example heres my node setup.

1 Like

Now I see all the files. I didn’t even do anything. Well, now that’s cleared.

Here’s the screenshot of the Shader Editor.

1 Like

hi, cheers for that screenshot.

subtle one to miss, but the parameter node on the lower left, should be a Texture2DParameter node. if you change that , the nasty pinkness should go away.

let us know how you get on please.

Darren

1 Like

That error was cleared also. Thanks again for helping me!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms