Game Objects Not Displaying in the Game Window

When I placed my ball, block, and paddle sprites onto the Level 1 scene, they show up in the scene window, but not the game Window.

The background is on the Default layer, and so are the ball, block, and paddle. The canvas is on the UI layer.

I tried hitting the play button, but nothing shows up. I can see in the scene window all the things that should be happening, but nothing in the game window. I’m guessing I have some sort of setting wrong, but I can’t figure out what it is. I went back and watched the videos to try and match inspector values with Rick, but didn’t see anything discrepancies.

Here is a screenshot:

I put the scene into 3D mode, and was able to rotate things around, so that I could spot the objects that weren’t visible in the game window. That told me they were there, but something was hiding them. I moved the camera around on the Z axis, and then they popped into view!

The Z portion of the camera transform was set to 0, which I remember doing the “reset transform” thing after remember hearing it in regards to another item. Then I went to the video, and saw that Rick’s was set to -10, so I set mine to the same, and now I’m all sorted!

• Rob
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms