Game Moment, not sure how to upload video

I have small twins and they like to terrorize each other, so one of the first themes that came to mind was something around the house like something being thrown at my daughter by my son. Decided on a balloon theme. I am new to Unity and Blender, but I made the balloon in Blender pretty quicly and rigged some basic armature so I can make an animation when it is flying. The rug and chair were royalty free 3d assets, the surfaces were also free downloads. The biggest pain was the mesh for the chair didn’t make any sense for colliders, so I had to add a box colider to an empty game object for the seat, and a bunch of capsule colliders sized and positioned for the cylindrical parts of the chair. I will add a rocking motion but that will mean getting pretty in depth with the colliders on the base. I may open it back up in blender and see if I can separate the base pieces and set up the mesh there so i can just apply a convex mesh collider that keeps the shape well.

I have the balloon in two parts so I can shrink the body size to go along with another game mechanic I will put in for it to deflate very slowly when not thrusting, and faster when thrusting, and eventually run out of air. The thrust multiplier will also lower based on the amount of air left. Also thought it might be fun to add some random rotation here or there, as balloons tend to be unpredictable sometimes.

It sounds really intriguing! And I love unconventional approach, and the assets you’ve collected/created. Hope to see the final version!

Privacy & Terms