Furry Animal - Red Panda

At long last… I think it’s looking alright :grinning:

21 Likes

This is good! I like the shape of the animal, and the over-all image composition. Nice work!

Maybe a little too much fur inside the ears?

2 Likes

Thanks! They do have very fuzzy ears but you could be right in some spots. I mostly wish I could cover up the black outline.

2 Likes

Ooh yeah you’re right. I didn’t bother to look at references before commenting. Nevermind.

Where does the outline come from? It’s the ear mesh, right? What about just coloring that part white?

Yeah, the skin color is dark grey. That’s a good idea, I’ll see how that looks.

2 Likes

Great progress. Hair is always difficult.
I like the tail in particular.
Has the tree trunk some displacement maps? Maybe add them, it will enhance the overall feel.

2 Likes

Great first job with fur.

The fur on its back just stands up though and need a good combing, lol. Something half way to the tail effect? the ears are furry but that fur still has combed direction, upwards. Doing that would probably solve the ear edge visibility on its own.

By Greg Hume - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=23209253

It also has pronounced claws, that would be an easy addition.
Thicken? your whiskers?

2 Likes

Combing the ears helped a lot. Claws are definitely a great addition, I was on the fence about adding them and it did end up being relatively painless. It’s tricky to get a good balance with the body fur but a little bit of combing was probably the way to go. I hooked up displacement, hopefully the nodes look correct.

4 Likes

very Nice…

1 Like

Nice sculpt and hair particle system. Also I like that branch

1 Like

Privacy & Terms