Fun with the Human Head

On the lower reference, if you look, from the bottom lip to the chin you basically have a straight line, that is likely what is swallowing some of the dimension. I’d say you might get a more compelling model is you exaggerated that angle a little, and maybe even have the chin come out a bit more than in the reference.

The other thing is that the reference is already is a sort of idealization/abstraction of a human face, you your model is an abstraction of an abstraction. You will want to slightly exaggerate some parts to have the overall model look real. Faces aren’t symmetrical and perfect anyway, so a weird chin will probably make it look more right.

After writing this I of course saw you weren’t necessarily looking for further feedback on this project. But maybe something for the next one :man_shrugging: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It’s OK. I don’t mind more feedback.

The photo I posted is actually the reference and the model together with transparency. The reference is just a photo. Or do you mean because it’s a 2D image, and not an actual, real life head?

Asymmetry would definitely be cool, but would take a lot of work. I think that’s why I stopped where I stopped on this project. A lot of the remaining steps would have been a lot of work.

2 Likes

Awesome.

1 Like

Definitely.

Yeah, I was saying because the reference is already diverting from/smoothing out the “real thing”, smoothing that out even more can be where you can lose something in terms of anatomy without noticing.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms