Full tour of the map with various tweaks

4 Likes

Looking great!

Out of curiosity, it looks like you fixed the issue in the lecture project with the bullets from the gun particle systems looking like they come from outside the ship when moving the player’s ship towards the edges of the screen.

Seems like it might be something to do with the player rig/camera rotating or moving, as it mostly looks fine while still (albeit sorta coming out in front of the ship despite the gun’s transform being right on it).

Any tips on how to fix that?

2 Likes

Thank you!

I think the answer to your question is somewhere in the particle settings but I don’t remember exactly which settings I changed. I spend few hours playing with different things in the scene before making this video and in the end it was a mess in my head. Here are the settings for both left and right bullets, hope this will help you:

Ahh looks like Inherit Velocity made the biggest difference so far towards it looking more “right” to my eye. Even though that technically moves the bullets you’ve already shot, with the camera rotating and player ship moving/rotating, it looks a bit better.

UPDATE: On second thought, that does start to look a bit funky - although using “initial” instead of “current” looked a bit better. Anyway I’ll play with it, thanks again.

Still seems to spawn a little too high or low or left or right when I’m moving, especially when fully rotated; may still need to play with my transforms a bit or maybe another setting here I’m missing.

Thanks for the help! I’ll post mine soon.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

You are a boss! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms