Fruit Baskets

I re edited this post to ask a question: I need to fill the fruit baskets in image 3 with fruit, how do I do that and keep the scene low poly?

5 Likes

Hard surface modelling is a little easier than character modelling in my opinion. Characters, as “simple” as they seem, have a ton of elements working together that are actually as complex as a large world scene, if not more so. You have tones of “Materials” and shapes on a single character: clothing, hair, eyes, hands, skin, and so on that vary greatly from one another. Compare it to a tree, lake, mountain, grass- save in a single object.

But the fun in characters tends to be the personality and character that automatically draws the viewers in, creating a personal relationship between the two in a way that a mountainous landscape cannot. Then when you animate it, it makes it all the more personable. Environments astound and create wonder, characters relate and create relations.

The nice thing about environment is that you get much “larger” results quickly and effectively. It is a very visible and satisfying accomplishment. Your own work testifies to this: good style, structure, etc. Once you colour it, it will stand out all the more.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms