FrankNautica Launched

I found that using too many cubes in Unity is not the greatest idea, it makes the game run choppy. I changed the enemies to imports from blender, which helped a bit, but I decided not to change the environment at the moment, I want to continue with the lessons, maybe I’ll come back to it later. Overall, a great experience so far, learning so much, love it!
Anyway, here’s the link to the uploaded game, and of course, below is the next chapter of Franks adventure.
Enjoy.

FrankNautica

Frank had made it through the valley, he had barely escaped with his life. It was a strange place, things falling all around him, logs just spinning, tight passages, and brushing up against anything he would break out in a harsh rash almost immediately, it was filled with booby traps… but were they for him? Were they to keep them in that part of the mountains, or were they to keep something out? And how did the truckers get through!?

Shaken from his experience, Frank came out of the woods to see only a massive wall of rock just beyond a lake that went down the shore for farther than he could see, matched with the wall. Looking back the forest seemed like a wall as well, an almost perfect row of trees straight down the shore, this didn’t seem natural at all, maybe? Maybe it was, He’d never been this far out before, was this normal? It sure didn’t feel like it, something was off, but Frank couldn’t figure out why.
It was getting dark, he needed to find somewhere to rest for the night and think about his new adventure. Looking down the beach, it was almost barren except for some large rocks, he saw something beside one and headed towards it. Getting closer he recognized it as a chair, a plain wooden chair, on a flat rock looking out to the wall, beside it on the ground was a small box and an empty glass, it looks as if it has been untouched for years though. Looking around he saw not too far in the woods, a cabin with a large metal door on the front. Frank picked up the box, it was locked, so he cautiously started towards the cabin, it also was worn and appeared abandoned. The cabin was made from logs and scrap metal, with a regular door with a basic window beside it, it had a peaked roof that flattened to cover the large metal barn doors, with skids coming from under them, running in the direction of the lake, now buried in the sand.
Frank needed a place to rest. What better place than here, he opened the door and went inside, it was dark, but clean, other than the cobwebs and dust. The layout was pretty basic, a bed in the corner, a stove, table, and of course to the left behind the large metal doors was a Submarine, wait WHAT!?

In the morning Frank rolled out of bed, a little out of it from his adventure so far, he took a reserved look around, for food, Frank was hungry. Scouring the cabin Frank found some canned beets, this lumberjacks favorite canned goods. It was time to see what that large yellow curiosity had in store for him.

With only his knowledge he’d learnt from the books he read Frank took a deep look at the sub, weirdly enough, it was operational, fully fueled and ready to go, like someone had gotten it ready, just for him….
Frank still felt the draw to move, to continue on his journey to somewhere, anywhere, everywhere? He pushed open the large metal doors, scraping and creaking, the sound echoed through the rooms, yet the doors opened wide, drawing the sunlight in, revealing the dust, and clearing the path for the sub to be launched. Conveniently there was a rail system under the sand just for the sub to launch, too easy.

Frank embarked on the next chapter of his journey not knowing what he would find, where it would lead him, or if it was even a good idea, Frank was excited!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms