Forcing character collisions while jumping?

Hello,
I’m wondering if there’s a similar method to be able to collisions work properly when the character is midair and touching something.

I was trying to make a moving obstacle in-between two platforms that you have to jump to reach. As is, my character seems to just phase right through the moving wall if it does hit it, instead of being stopped. Thanks!

I turned on the Player Collision view and discovered that the collisions for my “moving walls” were perpendicular to what they were supposed to be, meaning I could phase through any part of the wall that wasn’t the middle. I’m not sure how to fix this, will probably just look it up.

Could you show a screenshot of that please?

You can fix this pretty Easily, If you open your Blueprint of the puzzle box or platform as an example, then in the details section double-click on the picture of the static Mesh, it will open the editor of that object.

Once in edit mode, You have the Collision option in the top menu, where you can Completely remove collision… or create/edit the current collision. Several different ways of doing it in there… test it out. You can switch the view from Lit to Player Collision to see the differences.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms