For functions like opening and closing door, Is blueprint or c++ better?

While I am learning how to open door in C++, I coun’lt help but start thinking how this can be done in blueprint.

My idea is that : 1.Use box trigger and set up the EventBeginOverLap/EndOverLap
2.Declare different variables using float
3.Add a timeline and use filp flop with lerp.

This might make the function work.

So for functions like this (open doors/turn on lights/interact with objects and etc) in development, is blueprint better or c++ better? Or it depends on the developer’s preference?

Timelines in C++ are rather convoluted to use so I would just expose the thing I would want to use a timeline for. However if the curve of the timeline is just linear then I would just use the InterpConstantTo functions.

So are you saying that for complicated animation, blueprint is better because the timeline there is more easily and direct to control?

I’m saying that using a timeline in C++ is a bit of work to get working and it’s probably not worth the effort.

However If the curve of the timeline is linear then that’s just InterpConstantTo, so you don’t really need a timeline and you can just use that instead.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms