Fixing inputs?

I just finished the part where mouse inputs get fixed (looking left/right after importing the character in “Customizing The Character”). I feel uncomfortable not knowing what it is we fixed there. Will this be mentioned further down the course? If not, could someone share some resources about what it is we changed?

Right now I wouldn’t be able to explain why it didn’t work. I would only know how to fix this specific case.

Update: For others reading this, this subject does come back later in the course when you start setting up your own key bindings!

3 Likes

Those Input nodes are defined in the project settings

The names used in the third person character blueprint used different names - the names used in a third person template project (which is where the blueprint comes from). The two different projects (the learning kit vs third person template) simply used different names for the mappings.

Renaming “TurnRightRate” to “TurnRate” and “TurnRight” to “Turn” in that screenshot should also work.

2 Likes

Thank you, that eases my curiosity :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms