[FIXED]Level not loading

Hi,

I’m trying to get the button to load the next level and I got a bit stuck. The button does nothing and if I click on the background the mouse cursor disappears, it then reappears if I click over the button again.

I think it might be that I’m on a newer version (4.15) of the engine, but I could be wrong. The output I’m getting in the log from when the game starts to when I press the button is pasted below. I’ll also attach the blueprints I’ve tried searching on google as I’ve done before but this time I’m stuck and can’t continue. Any ideas what the cause could be?

LogTemp: Repeting last play command: Selected Viewport
LogBlueprintUserMessages: Early PlayInEditor Detection: Level '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu' with GeneratedClass '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu'
LogPlayLevel: PlayLevel: No blueprints needed recompiling
PIE: New page: PIE session: MainMenu (May 1, 2017, 1:50:21 AM)
LogPlayLevel: Creating play world package: /Game/_Levels/UEDPIE_0_MainMenu
LogPlayLevel: PIE: StaticDuplicateObject took: (0.001016s)
LogAIModule: Creating AISystem for world MainMenu
LogPlayLevel: PIE: World Init took: (0.000667s)
LogPlayLevel: PIE: Created PIE world by copying editor world from /Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu to /Game/_Levels/UEDPIE_0_MainMenu.MainMenu (0.001899s)
LogInit: XAudio2 using 'Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)' : 6 channels at 48 kHz using 32 bits per sample (channel mask 0x3f)
LogInit: FAudioDevice initialized.
LogLoad: Game class is 'BattleTankGameMode_BP_C'
LogWorld: Bringing World /Game/_Levels/UEDPIE_0_MainMenu.MainMenu up for play (max tick rate 0) at 2017.04.30-23.50.21
LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.001026
PIE: Info Play in editor start time for /Game/_Levels/UEDPIE_0_MainMenu 0.249
LogBlueprintUserMessages: Late PlayInEditor Detection: Level '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu' with GeneratedClass '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu'
LogNet: Browse: /Game/_Levels/BattleGround
LogLoad: LoadMap: /Game/_Levels/BattleGround
Cmd: MEM
LogMemory: Platform Memory Stats for Windows
LogMemory: Process Physical Memory: 1317.53 MB used, 1502.20 MB peak
LogMemory: Process Virtual Memory: 2343.29 MB used, 2786.55 MB peak
LogMemory: Physical Memory: 8054.26 MB used,  8278.57 MB free, 16332.83 MB total
LogMemory: Virtual Memory: 3267.62 MB used,  8278.57 MB free, 134217728.00 MB total
Allocator Stats for TBB: (not implemented)
LogAIModule: Creating AISystem for world BattleGround
LogLoad: Game class is 'BattleTankGameMode_BP_C'
LogWorld: Bringing World /Game/_Levels/UEDPIE_0_BattleGround.BattleGround up for play (max tick rate 0) at 2017.04.30-23.50.24
LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.005836
LogLoad: Took 0.235372 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/_Levels/BattleGround)
LogBlueprintUserMessages: Early EndPlayMap Detection: Level '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu' with GeneratedClass '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu'
LogBlueprintUserMessages: Late EndPlayMap Detection: Level '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu' with GeneratedClass '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/_Levels/MainMenu.MainMenu:PersistentLevel.MainMenu'

Okay, so I’ve tried making it load another map out of the starter content and heard that the sounds start playing from that map, then I made the background smaller and it loads the new map on the main menu. so it seems the new level is being loaded in the background and the main menu stays over it. I just need to figure out how to hide or close the main menu.

I figured it out, I was loading the main menu UI instead of player ui from the player tank controller.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms