Fish tunnel

Still experimenting with environment maps, merging real photo with 3D mesh shadow and Lighting.
I needed to solve some problems with the shadow on the wall, which has a fence.
So, I created the fence also in 3D, to embed the shadow more into the scene.
Because of the low lighting I had to increase the samples to 2000. But still the outcome had a lot of noise. To solve that, I added a Gaussian blur in the composition nodes.
There I found also a glare node, which I added also with a small effect.
Why red and green lights? Just because ships use the same signaling.

That’s it. Happy rendering and many creative moments.

12 Likes

Great start on a scene. Check out YouTube’s Blender Guru, where he does a great video on Understanding Composition There are some great elements in this scene. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

@AGramont and yes I did!
I followed yesterday, Blender Guru’s composition tutorial. Learned a lot. So I need to pay attention to some of those rules. Making 3D stuff even more complex. :wink:
For the above scene I didn’t have any end goals. Just focussing on technical stuff, environment maps, shadow mapping and reusing existing mesh models. And there is no real story. Just a fantasy setting. But I agree with the Guru, there need to be a focus. The 1/3 rule is there, but not optimal used. There are sight lines. But I miss things like saturation.

Inspiration on it’s way …

As @AGramont said, there is a lot great elements in this scene. I can imagine a school of fish floating through the building.

Lots of rendering time would be required though.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms