First Render: Well done, but not done well ;)

Here it is, in all its glory. I needed quite a few extra lights to get the effect I wanted.

Eevee render engine

Cycles render engine

Big difference noticed with Eevee and Cycles already: the detail with shadows is much more pronounced than with Eevee. I’m sure you can get a similar effect with Eevee, however I just don’t know how to yet.

Cycles produces a lot of noise as well, which I’m sure will be covered on how to reduce that in future lectures.

Another thing I noticed was with Eevee, the light bleeds through and around objects a lot. Playing around with the contact shadows in the Object Data Properties seems to reduce it a bit, however I still had light bleeding through the well.

4 Likes

Good well, interesting more shaped ridge beam.

Yes all right observations about the renderer differences. Cycles can be improved easily, less grainy, by checking the denoise option. But in the end needs many more samples, slowing up render times heavily. Evee is handy for its speed while making things, to get a view of how effects are going. It can be moved towards Cycles but that adds time back onto the render. Each has their place and use.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms