First person character not animating

My first person character is not animating anymore. As seen in the picture below, the first person character will only do its t-pose when the game is playing.

The problem started appearing after the refactor around lectures 273-277.

I have set the animation mode and animation blueprint (picture from when the game is playing).

When I view the blueprint in the full blueprint editor, I can see the mesh animating as it used to.

I looked at the animation blueprint, and saw that the Animation Update Event was not being called, which seems to the cause of the problem.
I also debugged the Initialize Animation and Begin Play events in the animation blueprint event graph, where Initialize Animation was called and Begin Play was not called.

In the state machine of the animation blueprint, I can see that the animation has reached the idle state, but in the idle state the animation is stuck at the point seen below and does not play.

I saw another post with a similar issue, but in my Reference Viewer I could only see the first person character blueprint referencing the animation blueprint.

Thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:

SOLUTION

The gun blueprint in the first person character was not set, and therefore the BeginPlay() was not being called, because of the return statement in the first part of BeginPlay().

Privacy & Terms