First level design and ideas

Ok, after some tweaking I’ve come to this style for my first level. I wanted this to look similar to those wooden mazes with a ball in that you used to play as a kid, and I’m quite happy with how it turned out. Having the camera zoom away also made my rocket look less bad, which was a plus.

As you can see there are several paths to goal. I’d like to include some coins or stars or whatever you can collect in the level, with a bonus if you get them in a specific order. This actually makes every level kinda like a track where you have to fly around in a certain way instead of just making this an A to B affair. Obv if you feel it’s too hard you can just forget about it and fly from A to B, which is nice as you can tailor the level difficulty on the fly.

Hope you like the ideas behind this level, I was quite happy with it after I’ve finished it, even if it’s just a very basic idea.

Ciao!
Niky

3 Likes

I like this idea - the maze look is cool and having coins or tokens or whatever to collect is a great idea to make it a little extra fun. Nice work!

Privacy & Terms