First Challenge - Room

Didn’t know what else to add to fill the shelves :confused: decided to leave it this way.

Still having a problem with snapping so i hardly used it.

Eevee

Cycles

10 Likes

A simple tidy room. Nicely lit.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

I like it! Btw ,how you done the piggy bank? :open_mouth: looks cool

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:
It’s very simple, i only used spheres, cylinders and cones:

2 Likes

Good scene and yes snapping can be confusing. Sometimes you needed sometimes you don’t. But it is handy to get some use to it. Try to use a simple scene with two cubes to practise. Less vertices, edges and face to get confused with.

2 Likes

Nice detailed room

1 Like

That’s a good idea! when i was watching the lesson and played with snapping it kinda worked, but when i tried applying to the scene it didn’t… i had made the cube half the size and it wasn’t snapping it’s base to the ground on the Z axis :confused: it was always either half up or half down…

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

You’ll definitely need to get used to snapping. I’d consider it one of the fundamentals for using Blender effectively.

It’s really not difficult to use and with continued practice you’ll realise this and see how effective it is.

Don’t forget, merge very often goes with snapping.

And you can press x, y, z (or shift x, y or z to remove one coordinate) when moving “G” to snap alignment, i.e. say if you wanted to match the height or width of something that has natural distance between them.

Also, sometimes if you find the wrong vert is snapping, just drop the object with the object vert you want to connect nearest the joining vert, then pick it up and move it again.

Blender will then realise your intention to snap which vert to which.

Looks good. I also have some trouble with snapping, but I hope to improve it by doing it more often. More practice - better results

2 Likes

Welcome to this site.
Hope to see your work progress soon.

Privacy & Terms