Finished UV-Unwrapping the Orc

Hi there!
So I got to finish my UV. Now, there is some stretching, but the colour grid doesn’t seem to be showing too many problems with it. However, I’ve noticed something that I thought would be worth mentioning. When I was unwrapping clothing and armour, I ran onto some stretching problems due to the way of rendering, and I was trying to correct it via triangulating. When I did that, I’ve noticed that this totally messed up my sculpting on the multiresolution modifier. Granted, my elements are a bit more complicated than those presented on the course, but that got me thinking: wouldn’t it be a safer approach if we first modelled the item, THEN marked seams and unwrapped it, repaired the stretching AND ONLY THEN moved to sculpting with multires? What do You guys think?

My UV here below. As usual, any feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think at a certain point you need to get rid of the multi-res.
And placing some seams at appropriate places.

But stretching of textures will always happen, and seeing blueish-green means a minimal stretch. Only visible when using texture with straight lines and or connection to other parts of the object. In other words, how much stress can be seen on a green body texture?

Yep, i also thought it would be fine. Just wanted to share my thoughts in general :slight_smile: Now time for baking!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms