Finished the medieval houses class!

This class was quite good fun. I think to get everything I learned to stick though, Id like to keep taking more tutorials/ classes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good result. Yes keep practicing and reinforcing the tools you have learnt.

2 Likes

Wow, love it

2 Likes

any recommendations mate?

1 Like

A few things I recommend to include which will complement you models. First, are a few lanterns to illuminate that dark areas with a warm glow especially by the water (this will make the scene appear as if night is just ending and provide reflections of color along the water). Second, volumetric scattering over the scene to simulate early morning fog (the lighting in your scene looks like early morning which I really like). Third, add some alpha textures of fog along the water to further push that realism. If you need any help or have any questions on how to make these features, let me know. :+1:

Regardless of the recommendations however, this is a great scene. Excellent work. :tada:

1 Like

yeah, any recommended tuts for the volumetrics and alpha textures?

1 Like

For volumetric fog: How to add Fog to your 3d Scenes in Blender (Tutorial) - YouTube

For the alphas, all that is needed is an image ( file type png ) with the image of smoke. In blender, press “shift” + “a” and add image as planes. Adding an image through this path will automatically create a node material for transparency of the image.

Images for fog: Textures for 3D, graphic design and Photoshop!

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions. :+1:

1 Like

thanks mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms