Finished my Orc

Hello,

I finally finished my orc…
Its 31.400 faces.
I put some hair on it at places where there is fur… for the cycles render version, but I think I can not transfer it to a game engine like UE5, can I?

I learned a lot in this course. When its done I´d like to do a course on how to hard surface sculpt in blender… So not hard surface modelling put sculping. Somebody maybe know a good one?

Cycles render version

Turntable on Youtube

Eevee render version with poor fake fur

Turntable on Youtube

15 Likes

Great model and even greater texturing!

The new Anime GameDev course starts with proper modelling the person before going off on weird low grade game anime texture painted unlit look.

You may well find YouTube old even 2.7 tutorials of working that way.

3 Likes

The level of detail on this guy is fantastic! My particularly favorite part of this character is that he looks as though he’s covered in dirt and dust. That’s the level of detail I’m trying to capture on my models. Excellent work! :tada:

3 Likes

The first image has more warm colors. I like that one the best.

Why not. Yes, there are some troubles ahead (copy texture maps), PBR can be different, but like your modeling. It’s part of the learning curve.

3 Likes

Thx a lot!

Thank you … yeah over the normal color texture there is a tattoo layer and over that there’s an extra dirt layer…which is also connected to the roughness texture, so the dirt on the guy appears less reflective. I’m glad it caught your eye

1 Like

I meant the hair… it’s done with that quite new hair feature and is only visible in cycles…

1 Like

Ah, yes. That’s an other type of problem.
So, investigate for hair solutions in UE5.
How do pro’s do it …

1 Like

Privacy & Terms