Finished! lowPoly chess

Here’s my chess set

3 Likes

My chess set is so basic … I applaud every one here with such fine looking sets!

1 Like

Here is my final chess scene:

I am sure that most of you have recognized immediately that this scene is the 6th match between Karjakin vs. Carlsen at the world championchip in 2016 which ended with a remis :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve never played chess before but I enjoyed making the chess set!

2 Likes

I learned a ton making this chess set. Thank-you very much!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Finally done, at least for now. Got tired of messing with the lighting and material on a laptop that sounds like its grinding sand every time it needs to do a render. I’ll get back to it and get more creative, one day.

6 Likes

Same as above. Using a Laptop is great for portability, but rendering seems to push the limits of mine.

Below is my scene for now.

4 Likes

this means war!

5 Likes

Finished my chess set! I think the dramatic lighting might be a bit much, but it was fun to set up

I also cheated a bit with the “quads only” knight… I made it using quads, yet I wasn’t quite pleased with the result. So I decimated it, made a few adjustments to the decimated model and kept it like that.

A Truce

8 Likes

I love the lighting!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

All the finished sets look great! :slight_smile: . Some shots of mine:

Chess_Set_2

Chess_Set_4

Also played around with a checkmate formation :smiley:

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Guess I’ll throw my lot in. Here are some shots of my own chess set.

Dramatic-WhiteSide

How 'bout a nice game of chess:

Quick question: is it required that you UV unwrap in order to get images as texture into cycles render? After some fiddling I’m kind of figuring ‘yes’, but would like to be sure.

1 Like

Here is mine:

Somehow Suzanne got in there… :wink:

1 Like

I’ve just finished my go at the chess scene.
Chess%20Board%201

1 Like

LowPoly%20Chess%20Scene%201LowPoly%20Chess%20Scene%203

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms