Finished it!

Thanks Hugo for such an excellent course! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching every episode over the last four days and have started playing with the demo intensively, to see what else I can make it do.
I particularly valued your constant references to clean coding practices. It’s a lesson that can easily be forgotten in the rush of tight deadlines especially on small projects - but four days of constant reminders has really got the message home :smiley:

In terms of extensions, I would love to see:

• efficient height differences for the ground (and neat ways to handle unit traversal)
  • better fog of war
  • draw optimisations (my GPU spins up when playing - it uses 41% on a GTX3080… which surprised me for a 2K screen)
  • hex grid

For the ground heights I’ve briefly toyed with adding cubes for every location which can then be moved up or down to add per-square variations… but I suspect that will be very inefficient (in draw calls and probably other ways) so I’d be interested in some alternatives.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed the course! Thanks!

Hex and Multiple Heights are definitely two topics I very much want to cover. Hex is just math so should be pretty easy. Multiple Heights like Buildings with a second floor involves making a Grid at each height and then connecting them through Pathfinding, tricky but doable.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms