Finished head sculpt!

Had a great time finishing the course with this assignment! This was a little more intuitive for me than modeling from basic, low poly shapes so I went nuts and really practiced with the tools introduced to me. Can’t wait to learn more!

10 Likes

He looks amused! Great sculpt and texture.

1 Like

Wow! This is really good - well done. I’ve been trying to sculpt my female avatar for months, I get one side done, then, turn her a bit and it’s all wonky, get that bit right, turn her - and - again all wrong. I’ve had to give up on sculpting all together and at the moment I’m trying to learn how to use blender to make 3D music visualisers. I’ve made 1, but it’s a complete - broken distaster, lol. But I will never be able to give up on blender - I find it so addictive, lol xxx

1 Like

Is it hard to post videos, I don’t know how to do it??? How could I find out??? Are there any tutorials on it? xxx

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply!

I don’t think I would have been able to complete the sculpt without the use of the mirror modifier. It helped me put most of the effort into concentrating on getting the right shapes and putting detail into them without worrying about symmetry. I sometimes forgot to keep the mirror modifier on when applying color to the sculpt and it can definitely prove to be tricky and frustrating. I am so grateful for Grant’s streamlined introductory course because it really helped me sort out the basics of the program and what to focus on…I don’t think I would have been able to do this on my own!

Thank you for the kind words, I am totally new to 3D modeling but have some experience drawing and like to sketch characters in my free time so I feel like this helped guide me through the project.

For posting videos I just use a free Vimeo account but you are limited to how much you can upload per day. I just copied the link to the video in the post and it appeared in there, very easy!

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and am happy to meet you!

2 Likes

Very nice sculpt. And texturing.

For me, the eyes are too wide eyed, lids unnaturally wide open.B ut it is not human so I may be adding expectations that are not relevant! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for your comment!

Can you explain what you mean about the eyes? I sculpted the character with human anatomy in mind, so while exaggerated I definitely wanted him to pass off as part human or once human. Do you think there is unnecessary depth or unrealistic dimension to the eyelids?

1 Like

Well google eyes or pairs of eyes, and look at the image results. It is ‘abnormal’ to see whites of eyes above or below the iris. Eyelids usually cover a little of the top and bottom, bar extreme facial expressions. Further, on the first image it is most clear, there is a lot of white top right of the character’s left eye that we can see, (same the other side but not visible in that image). Just extremely misshaped.

1 Like

Well done again - very good work! Thanks for the answer xxx

This looks amazing. Great sculpt and texture!

Privacy & Terms