Finished First Moment Bug

Interesting Bug Came Up.

I just finished the Player Input In Cutscenes section under the “First Moment” section in the Unity RPG Core Combat Creator: Learn Intermediate C# Coding course.

Everything is working fine (or as intended in the videos) and there are no errors when running the game, but… I found that if you hold down the left mouse button and stay in one spot (you can also just hold the mouse button down and move around). All the enemies run towards you at the same time. I know you are supposed to just click once and let go, but how do you stop this from happening if the player does this. Now that I see this happens… I do it all the time. :frowning:

** QUICK UPDATE ** April 10 - 2022
Check to see if you have a Player Controller Script on your enemies in the scene. I did, and when I deleted that from their prefabs all the enemies now DO NOT run towards the player anymore. Problem Solved. :slight_smile:

Yep, that can be a bit of a problem. Fortunately, in a couple of lectures we’ll show you an excellent way of handling this issue.

Super Awesome. I watched the last 5 sessions over 3 times each to see if I could find out where I went wrong. Good to hear I’m not going crazy.

Thank you for such a quick reply Brian.
Cheers.
T.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms