Finish It! Course | Killing Distractions Discussion

Hey, I’m Cloudy and I’m currently working through the Finish It! Motivation Course. While I know this part of the video was more created for Udemy, I’d feel remise if I didn’t give it my genuine try to improve.

So, I might as well be the one to start this topic first if nobody else has.

I want to improve on learning how to draw, and I get distracted very easily. This video talked about ways to commit to removing distractions, and the way I plan to commit is by disconnecting myself from my most distracting websites. This being Discord and Twitter. I’ve uninstalled the apps from my phone, and I’ve installed Cold Turkey and Blocksite on my PC to redirect me to Spotify or Soundcloud to keep me from getting distracted during the morning.

If I can get straight to work first thing in the morning and use my energy then, I can put in some good concentrating learning and really make tangible progress. Having a time table in the morning to do my work is good because once that block is finished, I can call my drawing tutor up and show them my progress and get pointers for the day. :slight_smile:

If anyone would like to comment I say don’t be shy! Getting over that fear of embarrassment is going to only help us improve in the long run.

Privacy & Terms