Fingers don't seem to be too round

How do I get the fingers rounder?
animeClass

I did the extrude. They kept merging, so I went two different size extrusions hoping to bring it back, but I can’t see to get a good circle out of it.

Any suggestions?
animeClass

2 Likes

Fingers are quite square. But basically, look at them in turn end on and arrange the verts more like a hexagon given you have 6 verts going around each. Once that first bit of finger is shaped as you wand the subsequent extrusions will follow with a little care.

1 Like

I think I got it…

I didn’t quite follow what you were saying. However, I was watching Grant’s latest video and he did an inset and used a loop tool to make a circle at 5:54 Creating a Game Character - The Rogue - Blender 3 - YouTube. That seemed to line it up with what we have in the class a lot easer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because you have auto-merge switched on, top right, beside the ‘options’ drop down.
In your last image it’s switched off.

Yes looks good. Loop tools if enabled is handy for that, but with only 6 to play with, easy to do by hand.

1 Like

As you might see from the second screenshot, I did end up turning it off. However, it wasn’t that automerge was turned on in my head because they shouldn’t have been that close to begin with. I was trying to work around it like he did in the video and it just wasn’t working. For someone new, I have to remember that the video is just a guide.

1 Like

I think, to what you are saying, I’ll be able to do this better with more practice. I’ve had a really hard time with understand what engons and making a square circle. However, that comes with experience. I just need to keep doing. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms