Fingerless Gloves

Full progress can be seen by visiting my Repo

When I started this one I noticed that I must have fallen asleep when the course went through curving the fingers to match the reference image. I did that, resisted the urge to add loops cuts and bevels for each knuckle and went on to make the gloves. I kept running into the problem that I wanted to scale the gloves instead of inflate them. No matter which pivot point I selected it continued to scale around the object origin. I thought I would be able to do that from face normals. Maybe I am thinking about extrusions. I did have to go back and remove a loop cut as he will be showing how to resolve “blobby edge issues during the paint sessions.”

I displayed the gloves without the body as they are form fitting and you would only know they are there by looking for the edges around the fingers and arm. Will be nice when we start coloring everything.

2 Likes

Yes there were limits to what I would not do, for Grant’s lack of polys, hands needed more.
Use viewport colours. Helps separate parts. :wink:

3 Likes

I also added some loops on the hand. My brain poked me for two days: Do it! Do it!

2 Likes

Nice hand. All the knuckles are there. Fingernails look nice. Looks like an odd shadow on the tip of the thumb.

1 Like

Thanks.
Yes holding off adding even more to sort things like that shadow out.
At some point, the subdiv could be applied and that would create more verts to control manually.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms