Finding Tank/ Possesing Tank

First, I want to say that if anyone is having a problem in the Output Log where the only logs being shown are the tanks being possessed but not found despite your code looking similar to Ben’s and it compiles perfectly, try restarting both VS and Unreal.

Now to my question: Because there are log messages in BOTH the AIController.cpp and PlayerController.cpp, shouldn’t there be a total of five log messages if there are a total of three tanks in the world? Yes, I have the AI tanks reporting that they have found the player tank and the player tank is reporting possessed, but shouldn’t there be an additional two more logs stating the AI tanks are being possessed?

What log did you add to the AIController exactly.

Hi Dan. Here are the logs from the AI Controller:

Here are the logs in the Player Controller:

And this is the output of the log when play is pressed:

Okay, could you explain why you think you would get 5 logs with 3 tanks with those logs?

At first glance this does look silly. After all by going by the screenshots, I’m getting the correct log for the Player Controller because the player is possessing the tank/pawn. Then looking at the AI Controller log and taking into account that there are two “enemy” tanks, the correct number of logs are also present as the AI Controller that possesses the two enemy tanks has indeed found the player tank.

I’m thinking I deleted the log messages that specified that the AI Controller was possessing their respective tanks.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms