Final Render and Composition

I finished the course and added some things that I picked up from the youtube tutorial also from Grant Abbit, I like a lot this kind of art and tried to put my 2 cents by modeling a Witch Hut instead of a normal cottage.

Used some texture painting for the terrain, the water, and the trees (I had a lot of trouble with the texture images generated for each mesh, I kept working on images from other meshes and erasing hours of work for some reason), and I went a little bit crazy and modeled an observatory (to which you can only access through a portal haha).

I tried to use an iPad for the texture painting, it worked great for the strokes but whenever I needed to move the scene, it was a bit awkward to jump back to the mouse, I still haven’t mastered moving around with the iPad pencil.

So far I’m quite happy with the results, I hope the rest of the courses are as easygoing as this one.

14 Likes

This looks really cool! So many cute little details.
This definitely looks like it could be from a game :smiley:

3 Likes

Very nicely done! Adding textures helps a lot I did a few bits extra like that. Great background choice.

1 Like

I particularly like the style of this :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow so impressive. You have put in a lot of nice work in. Love it.

1 Like

This is so awesome! :slight_smile: <3

1 Like

Nice job with your Final Fantasy-esque scene.

In the second picture it took me a moment to realize that the floating contraction above the tree was not the head of some large bird (with the tree being the body and the legs.

Privacy & Terms