Final Mayan Pyramid

Just had to figure out how to do water textures when we made the slide. Felt perfect for a water slide.

For the water slide surface I did the following:

• Duplicate faces from slide in edit mode
  • Press P to separate the faces into their own object
  • Select the newly separated object
  • Subdivide a few times
  • In Edit vertex mode, right click for vertex context menu, click Randomize Vertices
  • Adjust randomize settings to reasonable values
  • Apply smooth shading

Similar workflow for the water cube. Create a cube to the desired size, subdivide, then select the top layer of vertices and randomize.

I tried looking up water simulations at first, but it seemed like a lot of effort and the things I did try didn’t turn out very well. Would be fun to try again some other time. But for this particular scene I think the method above worked out really well.

10 Likes

Very nice result, including the water down a steps slope, and little row boat.

2 Likes

This one’s one of my favorites from this challenge. Great job!! Love the atmosphere

2 Likes

Very nicely done! Loving all aspects of this so far. The water turned out awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, I’m glad you liked it!

This style is very nice to work with since it’s well suited for simple geometry. I’ve seen some great entries with more creative patterns in the temple walls and such though. I’ll have to challenge myself to change up the style in future projects I think. Would be fun to create something that would look good in a close-up.

1 Like

This scene made me smile. Very nice!! :smiley:

Privacy & Terms