Final challenge by VirtuMax

Just continued with the previous scene, but re-worked it completely and worked out a couple of ideas.

The hemisphere for the lamp is just an icosphere. Only a half of it is visible, the other half is inside and under the table.

Colored tips for the pencils - used the cone (same as for the wooden part, so just duplicated), scaled and moved far enough for it’s colored surface to come right above the wooden part.

Used a glass shader instead of Principled shader for the glass.

Played with metalness for the metal parts of the lamp and for the pencils.

Used HDRI image in Environment texture instead of color in the World Properties.

Used Cycles instead of Eevee to render. Used denoiser function in Render tab (to remove some artifacts coming from the light shining through the glass).

Had a strange problem - I had two lamps in the scene, both pin lights. But I could not change their strength. The option was gone. I could see it after opening a new blender file, but once I opened this scene, no options for the strength where it supposed to be (only color and a couple of others).

10 Likes

awesome

Thanks, Marcello!

Great Job!

Did you use the same design pattern for the well on your glass container?

Thanks, Christopher! Almost. I just built the well as Michael showed. Just made it less random, turned every second row slightly. Used the glass shader and probably cycles as I guess I didn’t know how to show transparency in Eevee.

Well i certainly like your attention to detail. You did a very good job. Would you mind, perhaps, offering some feedback on my creation?

Thank you, Christopher! I shall look to your final project.

Privacy & Terms