Few questions regarding S05L129. Re-Rigging Our Model

I completed this challenge, but I have some question I can’t solve myself.

After adding the Armature Modifier to the Lamp Object the playback speed of the animation dropped to 6 or 7 fps before it plays 24 fps. Is this normal behavior? Does anyone know how-to solve this?

How to attach the Spot-lamp to the animation? When I parent it to the Lamp Object or the Lamp_Rig the Spot-lamp stays stationary.

Modifiers attached to certain Object before joining them all together are applied to the whole joined Object after Joining the Objects. Do I have to apply the Modifiers before Joining them together?

I can’t help with the frame rate drop as I didn’t experience that, but the spot light I parented to the whole lamp rig. Not with crtl+p, but drag and dropped it onto the rig in the outliner. It did take some fiddling to get it to move though. I think what I ended up doing was setting a keyframe and it started moving around with the rest of the model. It took a lot of playing to figure out how to get it to move, so keep playing with it.

Not sure which modifiers you mean. If it’s the mirror modifier then yes, apply that.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response. I had the Edge Split and Subdivision Surface Modifiers on the Lamp Head attached, to get a smoother result. Now they both applied on the whole Mesh Object.

I’m going to try that (keyframing). I’m sure there must be an easier solution, but right now this is the best option. Because drag and drop for parenting on both the armature and mesh Object didn’t worked for me either.

The big framerate drop after applying the Armature Modifier is still going on.

Ah, the only modifier I used was the mirror, so can’t help you there, but I didn’t apply the armature modifier. Just my habit of leaving modifiers where they are I guess. :sweat_smile:

I didn’t have to keyframe the whole timeline for the light. That was the idea, because it wasn’t moving like yours, but after I placed the keyframe at frame 0 it started moving with the shade. Repeated the process on the other lamp I’d made and it worked for that too. I’m still not sure why.

1 Like

No problem, I moved on. Maybe later on in the course I will find out how to attached the lamp. But thanks for helping me out so far. :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms