Feeling stupid on installation process

Hello I started the " Complete C# Unity Game Developer 2D Online Course - 2021" course and the problem I have is more with the unity hub editor. I don’t know if its because I’m on a laptop or using a SD card but I would be able to install unity hub and when I try to install the editor it says something of "Install failed: Instillation Failed or that some request failed. I’ve factory rested my laptop and cleaned the drives but the same thing still happens. Please help :slight_smile:

Hi,

Someone else had a similar problem few days ago, maybe the solution helps for you too.

Thx it fixed my problem but I have one question. If I switch the download location back to my SD card will it mess everything up again?

Hi Adewale,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if I understood your problem correctly but please do not install Unity or Unity Hub on an SD card. Also do not have your working project on an SD card. The access to the SD card is way too slow.

However, you may use the SD card as a store for your backup. If you duplicate your project folder, you save the duplicated folder on the SD card. Moving the working project folder back and forth is not recommended because you could lose data.

Did this help?

See also:

Oh thank you this is probably the main reason I’ve had this issue. :sweat_smile:

I usually save everything on the cloud if you don’t have space on your laptop.

A cloud is as dangerous as an SD card if not worse because Unity needs full access rights and a fast and stable internet connection. Quite a few students lost their work while working in the cloud.

For saving your backup files, the cloud is perfectly fine, though.

I have been using the cloud and haven’t had any problems, but hey, you have a good point. I’ll save it on both next time. Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms