Feel bad but I couldnt even get past the first part (Solo challange)

I couldnt even figure out where to put my password.
Feel bad about it, thinking after watching the rest of the video, it seemed so easy and I couldnt figure it out in 3 hours looking at my screen and trying everything except the correct if statement.

That happen to anyone else or am I the only one this thick?.

1 Like

Don’t be disheartened, we all start somewhere.
The very fact that you actually tried the challenge and spent time thinking about it will make you a better programmer in the long run. Most of the job is just sitting and thinking through problems so it’s good to develop those problem solving skills early and not just blindly follow along with lectures.
With practice and experience everything becomes easier, so keep working a it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That happens to the majority of people, that challenge is hard, so don’t get discouraged!

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Honestly glad I put it out there, your comments make me feel much better. I wont give up that is for sure, just felt a bit down that I couldnt figure it out. I will keep on trying.

1 Like

Same as me i have done bits with c# even made a couple games on unity but the way this is coded is so much diffrent to what i have done before really struggling with it

1 Like

I’ve also failed miserably, but I’m not giving up :slight_smile: Just keep on going!

In my limited experience, “failure” happens every time I write code.

But it’s not an end. Every time a bug/error pops up, it’s just another chance to learn something new! It might take hours, but I’ll end up with more knowledge thanks to my code not working, than I might have learned if it did.

I think it’s crucial to remember also that we in 2020 have a magical resource that programmers for the first 3ish decades of modern computing could have only dreamed of… GOOGLE!

Aside from being able to ask a question here or in other forums, looking at the Unity documentation, etc., I’ve found that just googling a problem or error code like “Unity NullReferenceException” is often the best way to quickly resolve a problem.

Most of all, KEEP CODING! :partying_face:

Privacy & Terms