Feedback before retopo

Made it to the end of section 5 after numerous problems. The only thing that hasn’t been corrected is the webbing between the toes and if I remember correctly someone told me that could be fixed during retopo. I wanted to see if there is anything else that needs to be done before I jump into section 6? Thanks in advanced.

3 Likes

Jump in! :grin:
I haven’t taken this course, so I’m not sure exactly what you’ll be following. My one recommendation is to retopo the body first, as you can likely just extract the new topology for your clothes.

1 Like

I looks good. A few bits of the top are going under the trousers at the waist band.

No idea how you will retopo a body with the clothes on that are not part of it?

Feet issues, put shoes on him! :grin:

The clothing are in a separate collection as the player will change outfits, so I can just hide the clothing while I retopo the character. I will have to retopo the clothing anyways as its high poly. Depending on how my GDD changes I may end up merging the clothes to the character. Like the shoe idea and I’m probably being extremly nitpicky here but there’s a cutscene in the game that has my character inside his home but again I might end up changing the GDD just depends on how much time and effort I want to put into fixing the webbing.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms