Fatal error Link1104

I opened from visual studio command prompt and i right clicked the .cpp file and opened in terminal. I really don’t know what this error means everytime i input the command “cl triplex.cpp”

Please help a noob

Please ensure you have installed Visual Studio with the following options

I have.

That was for visual studio community. Do I need to do something similar in Visual Studio Code?

No, VS Code is just a text editor it won’t cause a linker error. If you go into Individual Components and search for “Universal C Runtime” and check it if it isn’t already.

I have that installed as well. I’m reading online that it is supposed to be found in the Windows SDK and the default set of library locations should include it. But it sometimes separate installations of the Windows SDK messes up the environment variables Visual Studio uses to locate these. https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/784047 i cant find how to change these settings that the guys mentions in the forum though.

That would be in a Visual Studio C++ project’s properties (not Code).

Could you double check that you have it? Visual Studio installs it here by default

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.18362.0\um\x86\

“10.0.18362.0” may be a different number for you.

Which library do I need? I think I have all of them? I have windows 8.1 I dont know if that changes anything. Thanks for sticking with me btw

It doesn’t.

The one your error message is talking about kernel32.lib

Update:

I know this isn’t any help but I thought I should at least give an update. I was running Win 8.1 at the time and I did a clean install of Windows 10 and installed everything the same way and now it magically works.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms